At Pensmith STEM International our vision and mission is to develop globally responsible citizens who are prepared to meet the demands of our ever changing and developing world.
To do this our community will:
- Be a leader in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths education
- Instil 21st Century Skills in our community
- Thrive as leaders, innovators and citizens
We are committed to providing an learning experience which is both International in nature and develops 21st Century skills in our students, continuing to respect and develop students’ understanding of the importance and relevance of Thai history, culture and tradition.
Integral to the school, the teachers and the administrators contribute time, energy, and talent to the organization. Together, they embody the vision and mission of the school and its community.
Role : Teaching Assistant (Early Years - students age 2- 5)
Schedule : Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Weekend duties may be required at the discretion of the Administration.
External examination days that fall on holidays or weekends are part of the teacher’s duties.
Traits and Dispositions
- A globally responsible citizen who develops themselves to meet the demands of our ever changing and developing world
- Is committed to and actively supports the School Philosophy and Mission in the promotion of STEM education and development of 21st Skills in themselves, their students and the Pensmith community.
- Is committed to the purpose of the School and is aware of larger issues of education policy and societal development.
- Leads and manages and engages in their ongoing professional development that promotes student learning, STEM education and the development of 21st Century Skills.
- Plays and active part in supporting all policies related to student conduct and behaviour, and deals with students in a firm but fair fashion.
- Demonstrates attitudes of caring, professionalism, support, and high academic expectations for all students.
- Collaborates with other teachers and staff in developing, implementing, evaluating, and monitoring grade levels and school-wide issues and concerns that reflect the consensus of educators on critical components needed for school programs.
- Engages in dialogue and works collaboratively and productively with other teachers, administrators, and parents on grade-level and school-wide issues related to teaching and learning.
- Participates in, sponsors, and supports school and student-related activities both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Conducts himself/herself with decorum and respects others regardless of differences.
- Conforms with all the policies and regulations set by the School, the Thai Ministry of Education, and other government offices.
Instructional - Supporting the lead teacher to:
- Design and implement instructional plans that are engaging and which meet appropriate short- and long-term curricular outcomes of the content area(s).
- Uses research-based knowledge about teaching and learning.
- Decides on and implements a variety of learning experiences.
- Serves as facilitator and moderator in the classroom, not only as a provider of information and as subject matter specialist.
- Designs lessons and unit plans that help students to achieve the year/course/school exit outcomes.
- Is knowledgeable and aware of current trends in pedagogy in the assigned content area(s).
- Is aware of the objectives, and seeks out opportunities, across the curriculum where there are areas for collaboration with colleagues.
- Attends to the continued development of the English language needs of all the students across all curriculum / subject areas.
- In knowledgeable about information resources for the content area(s).
- Utilizes available technology for the benefit of instruction.
- Uses a variety of activities that are consistent with curricular outcomes, student ability and interests.
- Designs, develops, implements, and monitors unit planning and curriculum consistent with the outcomes, Philosophy, and Mission of the school.
- Participates in and shares accountability for student learning.
Student Management - Supporting the lead teacher to :
- Creates an environment of respect and rapport in the classroom.
- Establishes a culture for 21st Century learning.
- Manages student behaviour with firmness and fairness in congruence with policy and regulations.
- Uses a repertoire of effective routines and procedures that create an organized and positive learning environment
Assessment - Supporting the lead teacher to :
- Uses established criteria and standards that are congruent with instructional goals and curricular outcomes
- Gives timely, clear and appropriate feedback on student performance and assignments and uses assessment as part of the learning process.
- Encourages student progress.
- Uses a variety of instruments to assess student achievement that take into consideration ability and learning style
- Maintains accurate documentation of achievement.
- Uses assessment to plan for and to evaluate instruction.